Monday, June 9, 2014

Abandoned: Clackline Refractory (Part 2, 18-55mm lens)


I know I said I would upload these a month ago, but life just kept on getting in the way. These are photos from my second trip to this refractory, while photos from the first can be found here.
Read that post for a more in-depth history about the place, but now I can add that it was open until at least 1992 judging by paperwork scattered around that I didn't get a chance to look at originally. I also went and visited an abandoned house on the property this time around (as it looked inhabited from a distance last time) as well as around the expansive clay pits.





Not much going on in here...


Or here...



Who let the dogs out? This (former) wall.


I'm not exactly sure what this is, but I'm guessing it was some sort of sorting machine.




Looked inhabited from a distance, honest. This sits on top of a huge hill that overlooks the entire complex.



It's always hard to find places that scrappers haven't found first.


Surprisingly, most of the graffiti seemed isolated to this house. There wasn't much else at all around the actual factory and kilns.




These pits went on for a long time, which makes sense considering it was nearly open for a century.



These were everywhere, in huge piles.











Dated 7/7/1992








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and give your opinion!
All comments will be moderated but this is just to keep the spam out. I read everyone's with the love and care that it deserves.